Under NDIS, assistance with Accommodation and Tenancy Obligations refers to support, guidance for activities to ensure that each participant obtains a convenient and appropriate accommodation. We also assist while applying for rental tenancy.
In finding for you a place to live, we work right from locating the apartments to assist with the application process and coordinating with the participant and the landlord. All form of support is extended to ensure that appropriate accommodation is made available.
Our services provide capacity-building assistance for each participant’s support as they work towards achieving their housing goals.
Accommodation and tenancy assistance includes:
- Developing housing goals
- Liaoning with real estate agents or proprietors to identify barriers to maintaining at risk tenancies
- Identifying and implementing strategies to maintain current tenancies
- Exploring alternative housing options
- Assisting with private rental applications
- Assisting to lodge applications for DHHS rentals
- Supporting participants to obtain DHHS Bond Loan and essential household items
- Assistance with budgeting
- Liaising with utility providers and assistance to access Utility Relief Grants
- Building capacity to obtain sustainable accommodation with greater independence